Material Master & Data Governance Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Now celebrating over 150 years of business as a leading distributor in hospitality, American Hotel Register Company has always invested in the passion of talented people. Put your skills to work for American Hotel, and build an exciting career with a company that’s at the forefront of an evolving industry.
The Material Master and Data Governance (MMDG) Specialist will collect, validate, approve and enter new and maintain current material master information in the PIM database through importing and exporting templates. As a specialist, this individual will have a holistic understanding of the item life cycle, material master data functionality in SAP, and the impact this data has on other SAP functions (sales orders, purchase orders, etc.) as well as other systems throughout the life cycle of an item.
This individual will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring data accuracy through scheduled audits, reporting, etc.
- Enforcing master data requirements with suppliers, and holding other departments accountable for accurate data
- Ensuring best practices are followed for compliance and driving process improvements
- Challenging the status quo for a cross-functional approach to material master data integrity
- Actively managing Material Master and Data Governance activities, such as daily maintenance requests as well as data clean-up efforts
The successful MMDG Specialist will possess the following:
- Strong Microsoft Excel, data analysis, and (IT) technical skills
- Knowledge of item life cycle process, both holistically and specifically to material master
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Quick learner with a collaborative spirit and cross functional mentality
- Strong oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
Work with us. Grow with us. We go above and beyond to offer our associates a variety of tools and support – including an excellent benefits package, flexible working hours, leadership development programs, wellness initiatives and paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours that enable our associates to lend their time and talent to a wide range of community organizations.
Bachelors or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities