Specialist SA, Machine Learning/AI Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning? Are you passionate about helping customers build solutions leveraging the state-of-the-art AI/ML/DL tools on Amazon Web Service (AWS)? Come join us!
At Amazon, we’ve been investing deeply in artificial intelligence for over 20 years, and many of the capabilities customers experience are driven by machine learning. Amazon.com’s recommendations engine is driven by machine learning (ML), as are the paths that optimize robotic picking routes in our fulfillment centers. Our supply chain, forecasting, and capacity planning are also informed by ML algorithms. Alexa is fueled by Natural Language Understanding and Automated Speech Recognition deep learning; as is Prime Air, and the computer vision technology in our new retail experience, Amazon Go. We have thousands of engineers at Amazon committed to machine learning and deep learning, and it’s a big part of our heritage.
Within AWS, we’re focused on bringing that knowledge and capability to customers through three layers of the AI stack: 1) Frameworks and Infrastructure with tools like Apache MxNet and TensorFlow, 2) Machine Learning Platforms such as Amazon SageMaker for data scientists and 3) API-driven Services like Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Comprehend, and Amazon Rekognition to quickly add intelligence to applications with a simple API call.
AWS is looking for an AI Solutions Architect (AI SA), who will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers in the AMERICAS design solutions that leverage our ML stack. You will partner with Solution Architects, Sales, Business Development and the AI Service teams to enable customer adoption and revenue attainment for Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Comprehend and the other AWS AI services like SageMaker in the AMERICAS. You will develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, labs, and presentations to evangelize AWS AI design patterns and best practices for all of the AWS AI services. And, most important – you will act as the steward for developing winning ML capabilities for our customers.
If you are a qualified and accepted candidate, you may work out of any of the following cities: Eastern Time Zone – Boston, New York, Washington DC Metro/Dulles, Atlanta; Central Time Zone – Chicago, Dallas, Austin, Nashville; Pacific Time Zone – Southern California (i.e. south of San Diego to north of Los Angeles), Bay Area California, Minneapolis, Portland, Oregon. Travel up to 50% across the AMERICAs may be possible.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Work with customers’ development and data science teams to deeply understand their business and technical needs and design AI solutions that make the best use of the AWS cloud platform and AWS AI Services including Amazon Comprehend, Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Lex and the other AI services.
- Thought Leadership – Evangelize AWS AI services and share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public-speaking events such as AWS Summit, AWS re:Invent, etc.
- Partner with SAs, Sales, Business Development and the AI Service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment in the AMERICAS of Amazon Comprehend, Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Lex, Amazon Translate, Amazon Polly and the other AI services..
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and the AI services engineering teams to provide customer driven product improvement feedback.
- Develop and support an AWS internal community of AI related subject matter experts in the AMERICAS.
- 2+ years experience in the field of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and related technologies.
- 2+ years experience developing AI models in real-world environments and integrating AI/ML and other AWS services into large-scale production applications.
- 2+ years design/implementation/consulting experience building cloud solutions using AWS.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development in languages like Java, Python, Scala. Experience working with RESTful API and general service oriented architectures.
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age