Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Payroll Specialist
Job ID 3715
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The payroll specialist is one of three full-time staff members responsible for daily payroll processing. The position is primarily responsible for processing and/or supervising data entry for student employees. The incumbent is expected to be knowledgeable about all aspects of payroll and provide excellent customer service to all University employees when responding to payroll inquiries and resolving issues. The payroll specialist assists senior payroll staff as needed and performs a variety of duties which contribute to accurate, timely, and compliant payroll processing. The incumbent must have proficient communication and computer skills and demonstrate discretion in dealing with confidential information.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Reviews student employment, direct deposit, and tax forms to ensure they are complete and appropriately approved.
- Enters data into PeopleSoft and reviews data entered by others to ensure information in the system is correct.
- Corresponds with employees to answer various payroll questions.
- Interacts with individuals outside the Payroll department to research, solve, and respond to various issues involving but not limited to:
Incorrect or unapproved time entry.
- Reviews system reports to detect issues (e.g. excessive hours, unapproved time) and takes appropriate action to ensure issues are resolved in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and university policies.
- Meets with international employees to review immigration documents and uses international tax software to determine employees’ appropriate tax residency status and eligibility for income tax treaties.
- As necessary, files appropriate forms with government offices to facilitate tax treaty exemptions.
- Other duties include but are not limited to:
Preparing supporting documentation for off-cycle paychecks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- 3 years previous office experience or 5 years previous payroll experience.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft or similar ERP system.
- The payroll specialist supervises student employee(s).
- The payroll specialist contributes substantially to the timely, accurate, and compliant processing of the university’s payroll which is in excess of $300 million annually.
- The position has access to and is responsible for highly confidential personnel information.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Clerical knowledge.
- Computer skills/technical aptitude.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of payroll.
- Math/computational skills.
- Teamwork/collaboration skills.
- Time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer utilization requires manual dexterity.
- Near vision is required.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Occasional evening overtime may be necessary on payroll weeks and during periods of high volume data processing.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University’s mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Full Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Part-Time Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/part-time/Pages/default.aspx
Required Background Check:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vwq8jrc7k2gwy8qx