Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DEER PARK, IL 60010
Do you have excellent communication skills and an interest in developing your career? One of our Professional Services clients needs a Payroll Clerk who will aid the Payroll department in reaching the team’s objectives. This vacancy is based in the Deer Park, Illinois area and is a full-time opportunity. Crucial tasks include accurately entering data, reconciling timecards, distributing paychecks, and supplying statements to various departments. Communicating and collaborating with the internal team and outside customers require strong social skills.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Be able to create and run custom reports
- Maintain payroll information by contacting employees via email and phone to obtain timesheet approvals
- Maintain employee confidence by delivering instruction and training to employees regarding the function of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc.
- Assist in office efficiency by carrying out clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Administer reports as instructed and make them easily accessible by distributing them
- Fill in data into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Data entry experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience desired
- Previous payroll experience
- Strong organization skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Proven ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Payroll software experience preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world’s leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we’ve been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $42,000.00 – $48,000.00 / Yearly
Location: DEER PARK, IL
Date Posted: November 5, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01310-0011202849
Staffing Area: Finance