Financial Counselor, Full-Time, Skokie
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60077
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Financial Counselor for our Patient Registration department located at Skokie Hospital in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the first shift from 8:00AM-4:30PM, Monday through Friday.
In this role, you will:
- Identify, assess and secure funding source for payment of anticipated healthcare services or services already rendered for inpatients and select outpatients
- Recognize and evaluate numerous socioeconomic factors in the decision making process to determine the ability to pay or eligibility for financial assistance
- Utilize Federal, State, and private programs to advocate for resolutions of patient accounts
- Evaluate the ability to collect on accounts not fully funded
- Establish payment plans when possible and collect payments/deposits for inpatients and outpatient services prior to service delivery
- Work collaboratively with the Business Office, Clinic and Insurance Verification to ensure smooth transitions for patients and patient accounts.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ work experience in healthcare or health insurance related field required
- Experience with assisting patients with financial planning and eligibility evaluations
- Experience in working with personal budgeting systems and credit extensions
- One year computer experience required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and insurance industry terminology preferred
- Bilingual Spanish / English strongly preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Job: Administrative/Customer Svc
Organization: Skokie Hospital
Title: Financial Counselor, Full-Time, Skokie
Requisition ID: 70004