Lead Registered Nurse, Clinical Education, Evanston, Medical
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet® recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse for our Medical Group Clinical Education team located at 1000 Central St. in Evanston, IL. This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. Travel between sites may be required.
In this role, you will:
- Onboarding of all new MA’s including classroom instruction and clinical oversight in the individual’s practice setting
- Work collaboratively with Learning and Development, Infection Control, Pharmacy and Lab to create, review and revise program content for both MA orientation and any ongoing training
- Assist in instruction and oversight of clinical competencies for MA’s
- Train individual MA’s to be validators in their respective practices
- Manage the ongoing implementation of the Cornerstone Program
- Responsible for ongoing oversight and maintenance of CPR training and recertification for MG clinical staff
- Work with Practice Managers and Clinical Staff when requested to develop new competencies for either the MG as a whole or for specific specialty procedures
- Support the Regulatory Compliance Team in oversight of practices to assure compliance with TJC and other regulatory standards
- Traveling between NorthShore sites is required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred
- BLS/CPR certification for the Healthcare Provider required
- Prior nursing experience in an office strongly preffered
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Job: Nursing-Medical Group
Organization: Medical Group
Title: Lead Registered Nurse, Clinical Education, Evanston, Medical Group
Requisition ID: 70086