ERP Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Crowe’s Consulting Manufacturing and Distribution practice has an exciting opportunity for an ERP Project Manager to join our growing team. The Project Manager will be focused on leading and/or architecting solutions for Dynamics AX opportunities, managing the project solution scope with customers, and providing project leadership and direction for Crowe and customer team members tasked with implementing the solution. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of managing and delivering full lifecycle ERP implementations.
The Consultant will be expected to participate in team building events and develop internal team and customer relationships. Any non-customer time will be spent on personal investment, internal initiatives and administrative tasks
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Job Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with customers to prepare a formal Project Charter outlining the objectives, detailed scope, resources, timeline, and budget for each new implementation
- Participate in operational review meetings with customers to translate business needs into functional requirements and business scenarios
- Manage the effective transition of requirements to the delivery team ensuring a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
- Manage the complete software development lifecycle for approved development activities with a focus on reducing cycle times between functional, technical, and QA resources
- Manage project plan, budget, and resource schedule on a weekly basis
- Prepare weekly status reports and facilitate weekly status review meeting with customer
- Identify risks and formally manage risk mitigation plans in close collaboration with customer
- Facilitate quality assurance reviews with customer on a regular basis and execute correction actions
- Engage with project teams to gather assets, best practices and guidance from our customers in an effort to integrate and/or improve our methodologies and end customer experience
- Minimum of two years managing enterprise level ERP implementation projects which are at least $2M in size
- Experience working in core financials and operational business processes such as General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank and Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Manufacturing Costing, Procurement, Sales, Inventory Management, Production, and Planning is a plus
- Experience in Manufacturing and/or Distribution industries is preferred
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle methodology is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience servicing the following vertical industries is highly regarded: Metals, Automotive, and Life Sciences
- Prior consulting organization experience preferred
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and communicate commitments is required
- Demonstrated strong communication skills as evidenced by ability to articulate project status and risks to diverse audiences
- Must have reputation and references with previous customer, contacts, and/or partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Project and Visio
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%
Locations: Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Grand Rapids, MI, Indianapolis, IN, Nashville, TN
Build a Successful Future in Consulting
At Crowe, Consulting professionals provide thought leadership, process expertise, technology insight and help clients identify, assess, evaluate, and reduce risks. Our Consulting professionals serve large organizations across many industries in an environment where innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged. Through various programs, we provide you with learning and reinvention through high-impact formal and systemic training, including industry, solution, technology, and consulting training, as well as certification. You will be part of a strong global team environment with a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative setting.
At Crowe, we strongly endorse an open door policy. Our partners are approachable and accessible across the entire organization. Our team-based culture encourages partners to be in touch with our professionals and active on client projects. The partners of our company lead by example and maintain a strong two-way channel of communication with their teams. We strive to create an environment that is relaxed, fun, dynamic and fulfilling. Our team-based culture has not only resulted in successful projects, but in long lasting friendships as well. Overall, our people find their career choices to be highly rewarding and fulfilling.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country’s best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it’s like to work at one of the “50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates.” Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune’s “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” and among Fortune’s “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services”. In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients’ biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they’re most productive – whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere – and wear jeans while they’re in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities – such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes – for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm’s 75th year, Crowe personnel not only achieved, but surpassed their goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering. We’re proud to announce that we volunteered 82,000 hours – giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s the equivalent of 39 full-time employees at the nonprofits we served! In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.