Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
Experienced paralegal to assist managed care litigation group in all aspects of a variety of arbitration and litigation matters in both federal and state court. Must be well versed in current Court rules and proceedings with the ability to e-file. Knowledge of document management software and Excel is essential. Must have the capacity to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to assist with trial preparation, i.e., preparing exhibit and witness lists, trial exhibits, demonstrative exhibits and other trial and arbitration materials;
• Ability to assist with written discovery, i.e., managing large electronic and hard copy document production databases such as Relativity, creating saved searches, preparing documents for production and quality control checks;
• Ability to ascertain and follow unique arbitration and court procedures i.e., pleading formatting, page limits, sealing procedures, and trial exhibit requirements;
• Ability to delegate routine tasks to legal assistants and other office personnel;
• Ability to effectively manage multiple litigation assignments under deadline for multiple attorneys in a busy office environment;
• Excellent organizational skills re: case and/or project management;
• Experience with organizing and maintaining documents and files, i.e., discovery materials, depositions notices, deposition exhibits and summaries;
• Ability to review pleadings to track status of cases to determine deadlines and calendar deadlines;
• Ability to assist attorneys in preparing correspondence, subpoenas, motions and pleadings;
• Experience with e-filing in Federal and state courts;
• Experience with Lexis,Westlaw, cite checking and blue booking;
• Ability to work and learn independently and meet deadlines;
• Ability to interact well with attorneys, staff and clients;
• Knowledge of federal and state court civil procedure rules; and
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
Education: Undergraduate degree and a paralegal certificate or undergraduate degree in Paralegal Studies.
Experience: Candidate with at least three years law firm experience; experience with health care litigation a plus.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels. Ability to organize and prioritize issues and workload. Ability to work on projects independently or with little supervision. Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities. Exercising independent judgment and initiative.
to be Used: Personal computer and other office equipment as appropriate.
Physical Demands: Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines.
Mental Demands: Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
Conditions: Works in a typical office setting. May be called upon to work overtime. Willingness and capacity to occasionally travel to off-site locations.
No resumes accepted from agencies or from JDs
Reed Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply on line by submitting a resume and salary requirement through http://recruit.reedsmith.com