Retail Teller 68
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peru, IL 61354
Retail Tellers are the frontline representatives and therefore the face of Heartland Bank and Trust within the communities we serve. This essential, service-oriented role is responsible for relationship development and efficient and accurate processing of customer transactions.
All Heartland Bank Retail Tellers are customer-oriented, and ready to meet the retail transactional needs of any Heartland Bank customer any time and to the very best of their ability.
Retail Tellers proactively promote all Heartland Bank products and services. They build loyalty by handling customer transaction needs as well as listening to customers and actively offering solutions to meet their needs.
Fully developed Heartland Bank Retail Tellers are highly-skilled, trusted, and are able to respond to transactional needs of consumers within their community in a manner that is fully compliant with Heartland Bank policies and industry regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Teller transactions throughout the day, paying specific attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and possible fraud. Handle large amounts of cash. Pay attention to detail. Count cash and replenish cash, balance transactions, and meet all cash handling policy requirements.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures, while exercising good judgement ensuring that risk of fraud is minimized.
- Manage the customer experience by greeting customers and answering the phone promptly and professionally, while assessing the unique needs of each customer.
- Understand and promote Bank products, services, and A+ Customer Experience program.
- Manage multiple tasks and responding to pressure and change with poise and confidence.
- Recognize customer needs and potential relationship building opportunities.
Core Essential Job Requirements
- All employees must be able to relate well to customers and coworkers in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Provide exceptional customer care (both internal and external) in a manner that satisfies individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to Heartland Bank
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high quality work
- Produce an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Respond positively to feedback and redirection
- Assist other departments as needed
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Positively promote Heartland Bank within the community
- Speak English clearly
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to enhance the Banks image and to further personal development
Other Job Requirements
- Participate in various retail and bank projects as necessary.
- Basic computer skills with interest and ability to learn new applications
Proficient in Onbase look up, Xperience inquiry, Xperience Teller, ISNet, OTRS usage, Synapsys usage, OnBoard Deposits, eSign and all standard Microsoft applications
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Regularly: reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, talking, feeling/touching, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
- Frequently: standing, walking, hearing
- Occasionally: sitting, climbing and/or balancing