Seasonal Part-Time Events Security Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Seasonal Part-Time Events Security Officer
Job ID 3799
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, provide event safety and security within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and DePaul University. Athletic Facility Event Security personnel are responsible for ensuring the safety of the participants and attendees in the Sullivan Athletic Center and at Cacciatore Stadium/Wish Field during events hosted by the university. Security officers shall be vigilant and react in a prompt, appropriate and professional manner in the event of any disruptive behavior. In the event of an emergency, security officers shall strive to maintain order and safety for all those present in the facility.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide crowd control, in particular when teams are entering or exiting and monitor crowds for disruptive behavior.
- Limit entry to restricted areas by proper checking of credentials and inspecting large bags or backpacks at entry during specified events.
- Clear seating and lobby areas at the conclusion of the event.
- Escort coaches and officials to and from the locker room/playing field or court.
- Provide resolutions for guest complaints and respond to medical emergencies during events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Athletic Facility Event Security staff shall have a minimum of one year of similar event related experience.
- Must be either a current or retired employee of a State, County or City law enforcement agency.
Certifications & Licenses
- Armed Security must be currently employed as a Law Enforcement Officer in the State of Illinois and authorized to carry any weapon while working part-time.
- Current employment identification shall be provided.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to make firm decisions.
- Professional demeanor when interacting with student-athletes, coaches, staff, alumni, students and guests.
- Ability to stand or walk the majority of the duration of a shift.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Security staff who have retired from law enforcement in good standing are eligible for employment, however are not allowed to be armed while working the event. Retired officers will be subject to a drug screen.
- Security staff must advise Athletics immediately if they retire or are otherwise no longer in good standing.
- This position will be working at a variety of event locations.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University’s mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
For the Part Time Benefits Summary, click this link https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/Part-Time_Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background & drug screening.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit:http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/about/ab_about.shtml
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vmz2vsvjfby7chth