Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Forensic Service
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Preferred location: Chicago, IL area or Columbus, OH area (will consider other locations).
Crowe’s Forensic Services group is seeking to add a compliance specialist to assist clients with developing and managing regulatory compliance programs. The compliance specialist will perform high-level administrative tasks to ensure compliance functions are completed and client expectations are met. Key job functions include:
- Manage Conflict Minerals due diligence processes including supplier Reasonable Country of Origin Inquiries
- Advise on best practices for sustainability reporting
- Research and keep abreast of changes to regulations such as: Section 1502 of Dodd Frank, EU RoHS, EU REACH, California Prop 65, Anti-Human Trafficking Compliance, OFAC, NAFTA and other related regulations
- Gather and review suppliers and 3rd party declarations of conformity
- Communicate progress updates and findings to clients
YOUR JOURNEY AT CROWE STARTS HERE:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions, along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value, has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are over 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in environmental compliance, engineering, sustainability or a related field with prior regulatory compliance experience preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain sourcing and manufacturing and distribution a plus
- Ability to read and interpret statutes, regulations and guidelines
- Comfortable managing large data sets with exceptional data management skill and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to think critically and manage multiple client engagements simultaneously while anticipating next steps
- Strong oral and written communication skills with high attention to detail and record keeping
- Understanding of regulations including: Conflict Minerals, EU RoHS, EU REACH, California Prop 65, UK Modern Slavery Act, California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, among others.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Advisory Services (AS) provides transaction support, bankruptcy and restructuring advisory, valuation, corporate finance advisory, litigation and dispute resolution consulting and forensic investigation services. AS provides strategic vision and training to Crowe’s Global Corporate Advisors (GCA), comprised of corporate finance professionals from independent Crowe Global member firms. AS team members collaborate with other Crowe practices on solutions for a broad range industries from financial institutions to manufacturing and beyond.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country’s best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it’s like to work at one of the “50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates.” Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune’s “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” and among Fortune’s “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services”. In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests approximately two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients’ biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out several years ago, this strategy defied the norm for the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they’re most productive – whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere – and wear jeans while they’re in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities – such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes – for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm’s 75th year, Crowe personnel not only achieved, but surpassed their goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering. We’re proud to announce that we volunteered 82,000 hours – giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s the equivalent of 39 full-time employees at the nonprofits we served! In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.