Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Plainfield, IL 60544
American Built Systems Inc., located in Plainfield, IL, is a manufacturer of wood floor trusses, wall panels, and roof trusses servicing the Chicagoland area. American Built Systems, Inc.,, is seeking a full-time, entry level Wall Panel and Roof / Floor Truss Designer. We offer health insurance, paid holidays, and vacation time.
The primary responsibility of a designer is to analyze information provided in architectural plan sets for the purpose of designing framing layouts of wood-framed wall panels, floor trusses, and roof trusses. This process includes consultation with the client for the purpose of maximizing both design and cost efficiency.
All applicants must possess the following skills or experience:
- Working knowledge of CAD based applications obtained through work experience or education
- Preferred, but not required, working knowledge of Alpine or MiTek software
- Desire to learn new CAD based applications
- Capability to read and understand architectural blueprints
- Basic construction knowledge
- Math skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working in an office environment on a daily basis
- Good verbal and written communication and customer skills
- Must be a respectful, reliable team player
In-house training will be provided by senior members of the American Built Systems Design Team.
To learn more about American Built Systems, and to gain a better understanding of the products our company produces, please visit our website at www.americanbuiltsystems.com
To be considered for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to Jennifer Collins.
All applicants must be local, and are required to physically work 40 hours at our Plainfield office.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE