Technician I, Chemical
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers? operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek is a FTSE 100 company offering a great opportunity for an individual looking to gain new skills, and experience working for a successful global company. The candidate will join the Intertek Champaign, IL Testing Laboratory, which is a leading entity dedicated to nutraceuticals and functional ingredients testing. As a member of the Food Services division, you will become part of one of the world?s leading food safety testing, auditing and certification bodies.
As an Chemical Technician, the incumbent is to provide the scientific and technical knowledge in a motivated role under the direction of laboratory management. With strong scientific training and direct working experience in analysis of small molecules by HPLC, the incumbent will be a subject matter expert of the HPLC laboratory in supporting analytical testing of one or combined areas in nutraceutical, food, cosmeceutical, pharmaceutical and biological materials and products. Key responsibilities are highlighted below, but may evolve as the analytical needs of the laboratory changes, and further alignment of the expertise.
- As an individual chemist, the incumbent will perform laboratory routine and non-routine tests with more focus on food, nutritional supplements and contaminants using HPLC and other modern analytical methods, including developing, documenting and preparing SOPs or SAM.
- To apply HPLC and related methodologies for performing research and testing in compliance with nutrition supplement cGMP, ISO-17025, Quality System Management, QA/QC program and meeting customers’ requirement.
- To work or collaborate with other technical groups including GC, wet chemistry, etc., upon management request.
- The incumbent will develop and validate, independently or under management direction, new methods and verify an existing method for appropriate use in the areas of focusing as requested internally or externally by clients, and in compliance with the cGMP and ISO17025 requirements.
- With support by QA/QC, the incumbent will adhere to Intertek safety related practices of the facility, and execute analytical project with compliance to environment and safety policy.
- The incumbent will stay current with the development of HPLC, and be aware of current developments on analytical techniques in the nutritional supplement, food and cosmeceutical industries.
- The incumbent is to strictly adhere to Intertek corporate code of conduct and ethic policy in executing his/her duty, and to adhere to professionalism and to the principles of the scientific method, basing decisions on education, experience, observation, and deduction.
- Follows all laboratory safety rules and reports any possible hazards to the Lab Supervisor Safety Officer, QC Manager, Operations Director, and/or Site Director
- To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Ability to perform instrument analysis of chromatographic technology, such as HPLC, GC, and TLC.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master?s Degree in Chemistry
- Experience with method development and validation
- Good knowledges of USP, AOAC, and EP
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world?s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO