IT Manager, Risk Advisory Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Risk Advisory Services IT Manager is responsible for supervising a team of RAS professionals in the review, documentation, evaluation and testing of general controls in a wide range of technology environments to analyze system security and access controls, backup recovery procedures and IS organization and administration practices. Additionally, the Risk Advisory Services Manager IT is charged with managing all aspects of an internal audit, SOX or consulting engagement to include planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition, along with providing recommendations regarding client risks. The Risk Advisory Services Manager IT will also be responsible for providing suggestions to improve the internal controls and accounting procedures of assigned clients.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Intelligence, or other relevant field required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of experience within a public accounting firm or Fortunate 1000 company performing Sarbanes-Oxley Readiness services, internal audit, consulting or risk services as a Technology Subject Matter Expert
- Prior experience performing audits within a public accounting environment highly desired
- Prior experience performing audits of particular industries (manufacturing, retail, distribution, etc), based upon the RAS practice s need
- Prior significant supervisory experience
- Prior experience performing systems audits and audits of application controls.
- Prior experience with internal controls including flowcharts, documentation and testing of controls required
- Prior experience conducting audit planning, developing audit programs, performing testing and preparing work papers required
- Certificate of Internal Auditor ( CIA ), Certified Public Accountant ( CPA ), Certified Fraud Examiner ( CFE ), Certified Information System Auditor ( CISA ), or equivalent certifications required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level
- Exposure to industry software such as AS400, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Lawson, Oracle Financials, Great Plains, Solomon IV and MAS/90-500, UNIX, OS400 or ERP application software packages highly desired
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations
- Executive presence to act as primary contact for clients while preparing and presenting to clients and potential clients
- Capable of resolving complex business issues
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to travel 25 to 75% of the time
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Employer’s Job# 16706BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.