Air Export Specialist IV - Elk Grove Village, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
CEVA Logistics in Elk Grove Village, IL is currently seeking an Air Export Specialist (internal title: Import / Export Specialist IV) for our Air Export department.
- Create and distribute written exception procedures for handling each account served by the team, including classifications, valuation rules, schedule of fees, correspondence, post entry process, and any other related information.
- Assists with overseeing the entry processing performance and existing customer service commitments to reflect established company databases and pre-load templates to reflect these procedures.
- Receive, review, and process complex or sensitive transactions for assigned base of accounts for all entry types, including the classification and valuation of goods.
- Obtain certification for completing customer classification, as well as, other compliance specific classification as defined by company product standards.
- Process documents through the established system, obtaining release and other governmental agency releases as appropriate.
- Review and monitor all rejections, requests for information and other correspondence.
- Respond and assist with complex customer inquiries, including research and assistance with escalation on priority issues.
- Monitor shipments as they approach non-compliance based on customer control, event control, and transactional data count or control.
- Stay current of U.S. Customs regulations (Customs Brokers and the Customs clearance process); and classification and validation rules through self study, approved related courses and seminars, and regular review of trade publications.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Greater than six years of related experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications. Ability to apply and assist with communicating laws, rules, and regulations in areas of assignment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently; ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds; ability to read, comprehend, and write basic correspondence; effectively present information one-on-one or in a small group situation; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Monitoring overall processes, information and operations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using units of currency, weight, volume, and distance measurements. Gather and analyse documents skilfully. Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.