Sr Solutions Architect
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60521
Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will serve as the focused technical lead and sales engineer for ePlus targeted product and service solutions, supporting the ePlus regional sales team to drive revenue creation and capture within the customer account portfolio. You will have the opportunity to work with our master architects, engineers, and consultants, to understand our clients’ needs and craft sustainable IT roadmaps to get them there.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- Provide technical expertise to sales teams and customers on designated solution focus area
- Establish credibility and trusted advisor status with ePlus’ sales team and customers
- Conduct customer facing presentations on ePlus’ core competencies and technical solution offerings for assigned accounts and focus areas
- Assist sales team with overall account planning as it relates to technical aspects of hardware, software, and services opportunity qualification and development
- Complete and author technical sections for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses
- Assist sales team with identifying and capturing customer business and technical requirements during the sales cycle and determining ePlus’ recommended solution
- Develop and finalize solution architecture/design and detailed line item configurations and/or bill-of-materials (BOMs)
- Develop and finalize solution proposal and/or presentation of recommended solutions
- Lead technical scoping/reviews with sales team and customers for Statement of Work (SOW) generation, planning and designing solutions for solutions (i.e. Cisco/Sourcefire, Palo Alto, Splunk, Imperva, Check Point, FireEye, Gigamon)
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) for customer technical staff regarding proposed solution and its design, configuration, implementation, and testing specifics
- Function as technical liaison and ePlus ambassador with field OEM channel sales and technical teams
- Assist sales team with mentoring of junior account managers as it relates to overall opportunity management and technical solution set
- Conduct knowledge transfers with solution architect colleagues and service delivery team regarding solution and OEM product updates/changes, lessons learned from previous engagements/experience, etc., as relevant
- Two or more years of experience in designing or implementing complex network or systems/cloud solutions
- Three or more years of experience in providing pre-sales engineering support required
ePlus is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Employer’s Job# SRSOL03077
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.