Distribution Center Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
We?re passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Our message is simple ? we know you love baking (because we do, too) and we?re constantly evolving to bring you quality products that make baking and decorating fun and easy. We?re not just for the decorators of wow-worthy cakes, we?re for cupcake makers and cookie bakers who love to say, ?I made that!??
Wilton Brands LLC (?Wilton?) is owned by Dr. August Oetker KG, a privately held company based in Germany. Dr. Oetker is a global leader in the food and beverage industries.?Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The DC Lead will provide day to day leadership direction for distribution operations within an assigned area.
We are looking for a hands-on leader who interacts and collaborates with other leads, departments and management to meet the daily goals.
This position is 3rd shift with the hours of 11:00pm ? 7:00am.
- Responsible for inbound/outbound team assignments.
- Ensure consistent work flow within specific outbound operation.
- Movement of manpower based on changing conditions and needs.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Ensure all picking, stocking and receiving procedures and metric standards are met.
- Ensure all work is at a consistent pace that meets acceptable levels of movement and performance.
- Must meet OSHA and company requirements for MHE training and certification.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures.
- Ability to meet assigned objectives.
- Monitor temporary staff within the department.
- Understands and meets customer requirements, e.g., shipment timeframes.
- Communicate effectively within the organization, with business units throughout the company, and with partners across the supply chain.
- Maintain work area clean and organized.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate/Diploma.
- Must have experience in a daily order fulfillment and receiving/shipping environment.
- Experience in directing people.
- Good safety practice – record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires good judgment and decision-making ability in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to operate powered equipment.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO