Project Manager/Sr. Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Waukegan, IL 60079
Are you a Project Manager/ Sr. Consultant? We need experienced candidates like you! Robert Half Technology’s local client is looking for Senior Project Managers in the Round Lake, Illinois area to work onsite with their existing team. The main part of this role is responsibility for managing projects to successful completion, ensuring that projects deliver on time, on budget, and in accordance with standards and guidelines over the entire project. The ideal candidate for this position is able to effectively manage key projects as part of our client’s strategic business plan. This job is important because it ensures that changes are delivered to the expectations of stakeholders. Submit an application now and learn more about this role! This is a full-time opportunity.
- Cooperates and communicates with developers, technical team members, designers, and stakeholders
- Assembles report from business analysts, QA leads, and technical leads into an analysis
- Closely cooperating with the Product Owner/Product Manager, QA Manager, Business Analyst, and Product Specialist
- Affirm that the functional requirements are achievable, met, and tracked
- Directs deployment scheduling in coordination with tech lead, Dev Ops, and Product Owner- Functions as Scrum Master for the developers on the team – clearing obstacles, ensuring the team is working effectively, and leading scrum ceremonies
- Creates schedules and milestones, manages project scope and timelines, and inputs from all other teams assigns to that product
- Creates and handles the sprint planning and grooming meetings and marks ticket assignments
- Be of help to classify, manage, identify risk for functional improvement requests
- Arranges the daily stand-ups, assuring they are focused, timely, and brief
- In collaboration with the Product Owner/Product Manager, you will facilitate creation and maintenance of the Project Roadmap
- Works together with Product Owner/Product Manager to confirm that the product vision and high-level business objectives are distinct and workable
- Drives project planning
- Grants detailed reporting to management on project status, milestone completion, and risk assessments
- Plans the RACI matrix for projects in a product line
- Coordinates with the Product Owner/Product Manager to turn the product roadmap into executable projects
- Observes and schedules projects – as per the Project Roadmap defined by the Business Owner
- Creates project with correct ticket workflows and boards
- Lead the team focus on the on-time delivery of agreed products
- Assist cross-product teams to manage dependencies
- This most important thing for any applicant to this position is to be flexible and focused
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Capable of working independently with minimal oversight
- It is preferred for applicants to have a Project Management (PMP) certification
- Experience working with e-learning and blended learning programs is strongly preferred.
- Applicants with proficiency using commonly accepted scheduling and project management tools are preferred
- Project management knowledge, along with strong operation and project management skills
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant Project Management experience
- This most important thing for any applicant to this position is to be familiar and comfortable with IT project management methodologies
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- Foundational knowledge in Basic Programming
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics experience required
- Microsoft Great Plains eEnterprise experience
Technology doesn’t change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can’t think of a more fitting mantra. We’re extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people – it’s where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you’re looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Waukegan, IL
Date Posted: November 7, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01300-0011249753
Staffing Area: Technology