Staff Accountant- Fixed Assets
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
BOLINGBROOK, IL 60440
Staff Accountant- Corporate Headquarters
If you’re interested in becoming a critical part of an innovative Wholesale Distribution company, Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant. Those driven by a challenging work environment with many components will thrive in this role. If you can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation, you might be right for this Staff Accountant position. Other responsibilities include internal reporting during the monthly close, participation in compliance, interaction with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes. Based in the Bolingbrook, Illinois area, this role is a career-building, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. Are you a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets? You might thrive in this role.
How you will make an impact in this Staff Accountant role
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Contribute to the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Oversee depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
For immediate consideration please email resume to email@example.com
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Great attention to detail
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Fixed Asset Accounting experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fixed Asset Ledger
- Strong familiarity with Fixed Asset Inventory
- Knowledge of Fixed Asset Additions
- Demonstrated knowledge of fixed assets
- Adeptness in Fixed Asset System
- General familiarity with Maintain Fixed Asset
- Fixed Asset Records experience highly desired
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Notable analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world’s leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we’ve been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 / Yearly
Location: BOLINGBROOK, IL
Date Posted: November 6, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01330-0011248164
Staffing Area: Finance