Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60614
A Project Manager is responsible for managing and leading projects. Successfully managing projects requires excellent organization, documentation, communication skills as well as the ability to help design innovative solutions when faced with complex issues. To effectively lead a project, the Project Manager requires the ability to align with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally. This role will be directly accountable for achieving targets that relate to the planning, network, and/or procurement sides of the business.
- Manage multiple projects within a project based delivery model
- Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
- Lead change management with all stakeholders – internal and external; Lead without authority and be confident and assertive with a willingness to challenge appropriately
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
- Deliver projects on time and in budget with quality solutions
- Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
- Build rapport with project team and customer stakeholders
- Anticipates internal and external challenges
- Successfully transfer knowledge to other relevant internal teams as well as provide support as needed
- Leverage technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
- Track and report project financials (budgeted vs actual) for allocated resource hours and billings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Project Management Professional certification preferred, but not required
- A minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Transportation experience preferred
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, So Paulo, Shanghai, and Wroclaw. This Control Tower network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson – Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran