Associate Product Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Now celebrating over 150 years of business as a leading distributor in hospitality, American Hotel Register Company has always invested in the passion of talented people. Put your skills to work for American Hotel, and build an exciting career with a company that’s at the forefront of an evolving industry.
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for assisting the Product Manager with day to day management of product categories as they are assigned within the larger product team’s portfolio. Responsibilities include supplier negotiation, private label decisions, product sourcing, and assortment management. The candidate must possess strong negotiation, analytical and product management skills with the ability to generate and use data as a means of driving sound business decisions. The Associate Product Manager will drive profitability through cost and supplier management.
The successful Associate Product Manager will possess the following attributes:
- Strategic thinker with ability to utilize analytical data in support of recommendations and decisions.
- Strong ability to negotiate, influence and drive to conclusions
- Self-starter, takes initiative and operates on a proactive basis.
- Solution oriented thinker with ability to meet deadlines.
- Open-minded with a passion for continuous learning and improvement. Ability to quickly adapt to new procedures, systems and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Develops and distributes RFPs and collects bid information for supplier selection
- Negotiates pricing, cost reductions, volume rebates, payment terms, sponsorship, freight and return policies to attain stated goals and objectives of the department and company.
- Evaluates assortment to identify opportunities for new products, rationalization of existing items, and development of private label products in targeted categories.
- Proactively trains, mentors, develops and works with Assistant Product Managers in daily functions.
- Collaborates with Sales, Inventory Planning, Global Sourcing and Marketing. Serves as a knowledge resource for both internal and external customers
Work with us. Grow with us. We go above and beyond to offer our associates a variety of tools and support – including an excellent benefits package, flexible working hours, leadership development programs, wellness initiatives and paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours that enable our associates to lend their time and talent to a wide range of community organizations.
Bachelors or better.
- Practical Project Management Experience
- Financial Acumen
- 4+ years of corporate Procurement, Merchandising, Buying or Product Management / Product Marketing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
1 year: * Strong negotiation skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities