Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
West Chicago, IL 60185
Areas of Responsibility: Maintenance:
- Grease and oil all plant machinery according to schedule.
- Perform PM on a regularly scheduled basis
- Repair, troubleshoot, and install a wide variety of knitting machines and other equipment.
- Repair simple electrical problems.
- Operate all equipment in shop area.
- Fabricate replacement parts
- Independently locate parts and reference materials on-site
- Work from schedules, work orders, manuals, blueprints, charts, and instructions
- Aid in the training of other mechanics
- Ability to rebuild extrusion line.
- Ability to install trick plates, align knitting elements, and set timing on flat bed warp knitters.
- Ability to install cylinders, align knitting elements, and set timing on circular warp knitters.
- Ability to install cylinders and run out on all circular weft knitters.
- Ability to install cams and main shafts, set timing on all knitters.
- Start up extruder and calibrate it to specs according to product being run.
- Build pattern chains and install on knitting machines.
- Make all necessary adjustments on knitting machines
- Check all adjustments on knitting machines and approve for set-up.
- Verify product is in spec.
- Assist operators with machine problems.
- Ability to repair yarn defects on all knitting machines.
- Hazard material communication
- Accident reporting procedure
- Water hazards
- Safety glass requirements as needed
- E-Stops identification/awareness.
- Maintain an orderly shop area including tool and supply areas
- Assures compliance to current Food Safety Plan within the scope of job functions.
- This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at .
Employer’s Job# orUvbfwL
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.