Underwriting / Claims Internship - 19-2162-82351
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Are you looking for an internship where you will work with a group of dynamic insurance professionals who are committed to social responsibility, making workplaces safe, and making a difference? If so, consider building your skills and starting your career with Accident Fund Holdings, Inc.
Interns will work with employees throughout the organization to forward business objectives in the areas of insurance operations and corporate functions. Interns will gain exposure to agents, policyholders, health care providers, claimants, attorney and other Accident Fund Holdings, Inc. staff and customers, as directed by business needs. Diverse knowledge of insurance company operations will be beneficial.
- Performs duties related to the major functional areas of our business which may include Business Analytics, Actuarial, Predictive Modeling, Data Science, Data Analysis, Insurance Claims, Loss Control, Business Development, Underwriting, Information Technology, Finance, Legal, General Business.
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gains an understanding of how Accident Fund Holdings, Inc. runs and how Workers Compensation Insurance works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manages multiple deadlines.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Performs other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program. Preference will be given to those individuals currently enrolled in and majoring in one of the following degree programs: Statistics, Actuarial Studies, Mathematics, Medical Billing, Insurance, Risk Management, Legal, Underwriting, Marketing/Sales, Management, Human Resources, Business, Finance, Accounting, Audit, Business Law
Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish work flows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an “at will” basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.