Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
, IL (Remote)
One Commerce Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Security systems design experience required.
- Minimum of 2 solid years of AutoCAD experience " BIM experience a plus.
- Minimum two-year technical degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to use Automation tools with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and symbol libraries is a plus.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following Access Control, Video Systems, Intrusion detection, Fire systems and other security system is required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with engineers, sales, program managers and management team is required.
- Good writing skills is highly recommended.
- Bachelors degree desirable
As part of the Leveraged Services team, we are recruiting for a Project Designer to provide system design, submittal preparation, and related tasks associated with security system design. This is a full-time role as part of a virtual team. The successful candidate will design, engineer and document medium- and larger-sized installed solutions with moderate to higher levels of complexity according to project requirements.
- Provides design or drawing assistance for projects during the development and as-built stages of the engineered drawings.
- Works on projects with varying levels of complexity including the most complex design projects.
- Obtains electronic plans from engineers/architects/owners. Prepares record drawings and O&M manuals according to project requirements.
- Prepares formal submittals containing schematics, technical literature, record drawings and O&M manuals according to project requirements as necessary to support each contract.
- Participates in internal design review meetings and submits detailed project drawings to the project manager for review.
- Works with Program Managers to develop design standards for global accounts.
- Liaises with other members of the project team as directed and required.
- Participate in project turnover meetings with both sales and project team. Provides project team with all documentation, programming graphics, etc. according to project requirements.
- Obtains project design information as required from vendors, insurance carriers, owners, consultants and AHJ as required.
-Facilitates required permits.
- Modify existing AutoCAD drawing
- Create new AutoCAD drawings from specifications, survey sheets(Bluebeam), rough drafts.
- Understand and apply standard AutoCAD symbols as well as create custom symbols.
- Understand and apply customer standards in AutoCAD.
- Understand and apply compliance rules for design per region, country, city and state.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literate, proficient in a range of PC applications including Word/Excel/MS Project
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with customers and colleagues
The position is an office position. The colleague may be required to go out in the field.
Autodesk – REVIT
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an inverview.