Continuous Improvement Engineer - Black Belt I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Geneva, IL 60134
Continuous Improvement Engineer – Black Belt I (WD30082963277)
What you will do:
Rethinking the way we work is no small task – and it’s not anextracurricular activity. You will be part of a full-time, dedicated teamfocused on productivity and efficiencies across all departments in the Tampa Clariosplant. You will act as a change management expert and functional champion toreimagine processes and help instill a continuous improvement mindset acrossthe organization. You will leverage the Lean Six Sigma framework to drivecritical projects that deliver year over year cost savings. The ideal candidatewill possess a strong people skills, superior analytical skills, and a strongdesire to challenge the status quo.
How you will do it:
- Focus on driving improvements through more effective processes,elimination of non-value added or duplicate efforts, waste and other relateddefects and variation in the process.
- Work to identify opportunities, drive operational excellence, andserve as a subject matter expert in assigned areas of the plant.
- Work with leadership to develop and prioritize an ongoing actionplan to improve key performance indicators: including Operational cost, Safety,Quality, among other.
- Use statistical problems solving tools (DMAIC).
- Leverage strong organizational, project planning, and projectmanagement skills including the ability to define project scope, process,objectives, priorities, project plans and timelines.
- Find solutions quickly and with confidence – become an expert insolving complex problems and lead the way forward.
- Build an effective network of influence on the shop floor forproject buy-in and sustainment.
- Drive culture change and fact-based decision making throughout theorganization.
- Develop/Coach the organization through training and mentoring onthe application of Lean Six Sigma mindset, methodology, and tools.
- Structure, prepare, and facilitate learning and problem solvingactivities.
- Share best practices methods and ideas.
- Drive 5S results in assigned areas.
What we look for:
- 2 years’ experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Effective communication to hourly employees, peers, andmanagement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize ina fast-paced environment.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and identify potential pathsforward.
- Strong ability to challenge the status quo, and internal drive forcontinuous improvement.
- Ability to exercise influence without authority.
- Demonstrated high level performance in current or previousposition. (High potential if current employee.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field.
- Black belt and Lean certification.
- Experience in Root cause analysis, i.e. Kepner-Traego, Shainin RedX.
- Up to 10% travel
- Basic programming experience (VBA/C /SQL/PLC/PowerBI).
- Experience coaching and delivering training at all levels of anorganization.
Who we are:
Clarios is a worldleader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers tomeet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolvingbattery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies thatdeliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bringreliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every linkin the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serveand the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at .
Clarios, LLC is an equalemployment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status asa qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protectedby law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law(supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individualwith a disability and you require an accommodation during the applicationprocess, please email SpecialAccommodations@tyco.com.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.