Sr Data Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for acting as a concierge to the Divisional Analytics Teams (DAT) and helps the DATs define & execute a data strategy with their deep business and technical knowledge. They will coordinate the development & delivery of data assets and serve as a single point of contact for issues/escalations to business stakeholders. This role will allow you to leverage your knowledge with Data Warehousing and Big Data Technologies like Teradata, ETL, Hadoop, Spark & Hive to develop better data supply and consumption mechanisms. You will be able to partner with the business to continuously improve the data integration and utilization, You will have the ability to improve how we use data to provide outstanding service.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors and 8 years of data and analytics experience OR 12 years of data and analytics experience
- Experience in data processing environments
- Experience with Teradata, ETL, Hadoop, Spark, Pig & Hive
- Experience connecting business requirements to data mining objectives and measuring the business benefit
- Knowledge of statistical modeling/predictive modeling/machine learning/data mining/optimization and big data concepts
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experience with Data Warehouse development and data consumption
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge of Application development platforms/languages
- Knowledge of DevOps / continuous deployment/integration process
- Ability to understand market needs and to translate business vision into data asset development
- Ability to execute the strategic vision with tactical efficiency
- Experience interacting with corporate leadership
- Ability to manage demands from multiple stakeholders while optimizing resources
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Experience with Hortonworks preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services like SQL Data Warehouse, Datalake analytics, etc
- Experience with Data Virtualization technologies like Denodo, Tibco, etc
- Experience with Migration from Hadoop to Cloud Pass solutions.
- Experience with Azure Databricks
- Healthcare data experience
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.