Home Health Aide
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Home Health Aide
Provides personal hygiene and supportive services to individuals in their home or nursing under the direct supervision of a registered nurse/physical/occupational therapist following guidelines established by certification process.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Illinois.
- Minimum of one (1) year of prior certified Nurse Aide experience in an acute setting or skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Current CPR certification and completion of a basic First Aid course is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and must be deemed an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS fleet safety policy (five years MVR will be required.) Must have reliable transportation and ability to access the patient in their place of residence throughout Memorial Home Services area of service and maintain current auto liability insurance. Will accept a Memorial Home Services car for business purposes only as deemed necessary by geography or mileage.
- Must be accessible during non-working hours.
- Must have the physical ability to push, pull or transfer objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Must be willing to provide service to patients of all ages regardless of national origin, race, sex or handicap.
- Consistently presents professional presence to customers.
- Consistently demonstrates competency in providing care according to the careplan and agency policy.
- Consistently ensures patient safety.
- Consistently is active in team work and reporting.
- Consistently maintains required education requirements.
- Consistently submits documentation in compliance with agency policy.
- Consistent attention is given to efficiently planning the day’s activities.
- Consistently follows Memorial Health System Behavioral Standards policy.
- Will perform Telehealth installations.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.