Sr Manager, Financial Analysis
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
At Grainger (NYSE: GWW), we help keep people safe and businesses humming through innovative solutions, state of the art technology, and world class service. As the MRO industry market leader with global sales over $11B and tenth largest e-retailer in North America, Grainger’s people are the differentiating factor and what has made us successful for over 90 years. More than 3.2 million businesses globally rely on Grainger for more than 1.6 stocked products and great service. We continue to grow and evolve by investing in our people and technology and better understanding the needs and providing value to our customers.
The Finance team is crucial to running our business. Across all Finance teams, leaders build strong partnerships and our business partners look to us for fast and actionable insights to drive profitable growth and provide value to our customers.
Finance leaders lead diverse, collaborative and energetic teams that challenge the status quo, bring a unique perspective to the table and contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion. They also enjoy solving complex business problems and seeking creative opportunities and solutions to help Grainger’s customers keep their operations running and their people safe.
Grainger has modern facilities in Chicago’s northern suburbs and downtown that complement team members’ active lifestyles and flexible work schedules.
In a nutshell, Grainger Finance is a place where you can flourish and make an impact on the world around you. We pride ourselves in helping our customers “get it done!”.
Finance Senior Manager roles are rotational and provide unique opportunities for financial athletes to learn different areas of our business.
Top Reasons to lead a Grainger Finance Team:
- Bring your best ideas and experience to help Grainger beat the competition
- Opportunity to recruit, lead, and develop high performing talent who share a unified goal of serving as a driving force in creating value for customers
- Drive business results and share insights to implement solutions to drive growth
- Be a part of and lead large-scale transformation
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Keep the customer top of mind and think creatively when creating value for customers
- Manage and develop a team, including other people leaders; size of team may vary depending on area
- Leverage digital solutions to drive efficiencies and faster insights
- Drive continuous improvement by automating, refining, and implementing processes, tools, and deliverables
- Develop modeling solutions, analysis and reporting to support strategic initiatives
- Guide business partners to ensure sound financial decisions. Responsible for identifying financial and operational metrics that impact financial and operational results
- Dive deep and understand the upstream and downstream processes and effects of business decisions
- Create clear and transparent financial analysis on the health of the business; understanding end-to-end process, risk and controls
- Assess risks and opportunities and identify key operational and financial actions to drive improvement. Provide recommendations and influence business decisions, which include presentations to senior management
- Assist in preparation of annual financial plan, quarterly and long-range forecasts
Finance Departments and Teams with leadership opportunities include:
- Operational FinanceNorth American Sales and Services
Merchandising and Supplier Management
Global Supply Chain
Global Enterprise Systems
Digital Architecture and Operations
Business and Data Analytics
- Global ControllershipExternal Reporting & Analytics
Corporate & Operational Controllership
Tax Operations (Planning, Federal, State, Indirect)
Global Internal Controls
- Investor Relations
- Global Internal AuditEnterprise Risk Management
Operational, Compliance and Financial Audits
- Treasury and Corporate FinanceCorporate Finance
Global Capital Planning
International Markets and Treasury
- Financial Shared ServicesAR, Credit, Collections
AP, Cash Processing
Operations, Reporting, and Systems Support
- Real EstateReal Estate Planning and Operations, including Global Sustainability
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, and STEM fields
- 7 years of relevant experience; previous management experience required
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence without specific authority
- Knack for being a “talent magnet,” including proven ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to lead a team in a complex and dynamic environment and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong ability to think creatively, challenge the status quo, deal with ambiguity (building from a clean sheet of paper) and quickly adapt and grow
- Strong financial acumen and relevant financial skills, including quantitative problem solving
- Broad business knowledge, end-to-end thinking, and organizational awareness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and foster effective cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand the details and effectively interface and story-tell to Senior Management
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.