Human Resources Coordinator (Northfield, IL)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northfield, IL 60093
Medline’s HR team has an exciting new opportunity for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator based at our headquarters in Northfield, IL. We are looking for an exceptional administrative professional who thrives in an extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Under the direction of the Vice President-Human Resources, the HR Coordinator provides administrative support for human resources staff and related operations. This individual communicates human resources services, initiatives and programs to other department staff and employees at large. In addition, the Coordinator ensures the organization’s current HR requirements are met and the HR strategy is implemented effectively.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department.
- Complete and submit employee paperwork for new hires, job changes, compensation changes (i.e. step increases), corrective actions, and terminations. Update employee electronic personnel files.
- Assist in carrying out various HR programs and procedures for the company and employees such as Employee Appreciate Week, anniversary and birthday acknowledgements, rewards and recognition, and other employee engagement activities.
- Provide timely follow up on employee leaves of absence and worker’s compensation. Secure return-to-work documentation.
- Contribute to maintaining a compliant work force through I-9 audits, compliance tracking, and updating federal and state required notices on bulletin boards.
- Participate in recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel by helping to schedule interviews, drug screens, background checks, and eVerify.
- Coordinate the use of temporary employees through staffing agency, and may assist with screening candidates and applicant flow in talent acquisition system.
- Provide support for benefits annual benefits enrollment and coordinates wellness initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- HR experience or education preferred
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization preferred
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO