Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
SUMMARY: Japanese translator/interpreter will provide translation/interpretation services to Mizkan Holdings and ZENB US as a member of Mizkan Holdings Chicago Branch. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, translation of presentation materials (Japanese/English), and consecutive interpretation at meetings, must be flexible to work out of our Chicago ZENB US and Mount Prospect Offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Translation of meeting materials (English to/from Japanese) using PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; often with very short turn-around time.
· Interpretation at regularly scheduled project meetings between Japan and the US team via TV conference system, often outside of the regular business hours.
· Accompany Japanese/US/UK members on the business trip for both domestic and overseas and support communication (interpretation and other communication needs as required).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:*
· Minimum education is Bachelor’s degree in business or linguistics.
· Excellent bilingual (oral and written) communication skills in Japanese and English. Prefer native level Japanese and near native business English
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
· Experience with proofreading and editing.
· Preferred Experience with translation memory, preferably MemoQ
· Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestically and Internationally) and work outside of regular business hours
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
· Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Strong Computer Literacy skills.
· Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
· Ability to exhibit a professional business-like appearance and demeanor.