Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bridgeview, IL 60455
This position can be based out of any of our northeast locations.
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Senior Security Manager, you will identify risks and minimize loss for XPO LTL through front-end security risk management programs. Your strong work ethic and attention to the small details will ensure our operations continue to run safely and securely. On our team, you?ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Maintain and evaluate security processes, practices and policies throughout the enterprise to reduce risks, as well as limit exposure and liability
- Collaborate with guard services to develop post orders, conduct guard performance reviews and ensure compliance to contractual commitments
- Support emergency alert notification processes and escalation plans
- Conduct case sensitive investigations working with local authorities/agencies
- Complete RFI, RFQ and RFPs, providing cost-effective security solutions for business startups and existing facilities
- Statistically track data, receive, sort and file monthly reports; conduct annual risk assessments validating company compliance with established security processes; communicate identified risks across multiple business structures
- Meet with vendors to devise physical security system upgrades and enhancements; give direction on homeland security and regulatory compliance initiatives
- Create and implement security awareness training modules
- Support internal audit programs and certification processes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor?s degree or 4 years of related work experience
- 2 years of security management experience in industrial security, with experience in guard management, criminal investigations, contract review, physical security design and implementation
It’d be great if you have:
- 5 years of experience in law enforcement, including criminal investigation
- A computer-based background with knowledge in software and spreadsheet applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong communications skills, including presenting business cases
- Critical thinking and innovation skills on multiple project initiatives
- A comprehension of logistics and transportation supply chain models