Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61107
Job Purpose:Under supervision, this position is responsible for processing complex claims requiring further investigation, including coordination of benefits and resolving pended claims.Required Job Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Data entry and/or typing experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience processing medical claims.Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
- Must have trained on the six-eight week Blue Chip claims processing system, or have the ability to fully complete the six-eight week Blue Chip Training class.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and CPT, HCPCS, and ICD9 coding.
- Knowledge of coordination of benefits principles and terminology.
- Experience with multi-tasking and prioritizing.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.