Principal Consultant- Infrastructure & Endpoint Se
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60602
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit .
Provide Infrastructure & Endpoint Security (IES) solution, process, strategy, business case and change consulting to clients at functional and senior management level, on both a pre-sales and chargeable basis.
You will be tasked with helping the client innovate and formulate business solutions and security enabled business models and new ways of doing business to create breakthrough positions in the marketplace – this could be focused solely on Trustwave IES or as part of a wider security transformation program. Articulating and explaining how and where technology can be used to address key business processes in a particular domain is a key USP for the right person.
You will be at the epicenter of a clients’ security consulting discussions in order to help formulate their strategy and business issues identification and resolution; providing input to the company account plan to develop and manage the strategic relationship with the client’s senior management, and act as a trusted IES advisor in transforming the client’s business.
- Must have a constantly evolving & updated view the client’s business and industry in order
to offer an option or view in a commercial environment.
- Constructs visual models/whiteboard during informal & formal commercial meetings.
- Creates roadmaps describing ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ customer environments.
- Articulates the outcomes and key benefits focusing on output value to both the client and
- Facilitates the definition of processes and activities.
- Facilitating, hosting and documenting workshop outputs.
- Facilitating part of the workshop or co-facilitate client events.
- Contributes to building technology roadmaps and communication plans.
- Shapes people orientated works streams and management of change activities.
- Coaches and supporting individual clients focusing on their personal success.
- Identifies risks and assumptions and shapes program governance.
- Works on pre-sales opportunities to create valid business cases including ROI.
- Develops proposed solutions, addressing client business issues and objectives using a
combination of the company standardized and customized services.
Education and Experience Required:
- 10+ years’ experience proven hands-on experience of the infrastructure and endpoint security pillar in commercial client facing positions.
- A proven track record acting as a trusted adviser to clients helping them transform their IES and improve their wider security programs.
- Familiarity with a broad set of security models, architecture, approaches and technology associated with Zero Trust, hybrid clouds, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Networks (SDN) and WAN (SD-WAN) environments
- Current hands on experience of working with the following security niches & vendors:
- Next Generation FirewallsPalo Alto
- Endpoint ProtectionPalo Alto
- Next Generation Intrusion Detection/PreventionPalo Alto
- Endpoint Protection, Detection & ResponsePalo Alto
- Advanced Threat Protection/Persistent ThreatPalo Alto
- Cloud Service ProvidersAmazon Web Services
Microsoft Azure & O365
Google Cloud Platform & GSuite
- Educational degree preferred.
- Industry recognized certifications will be highly desirable (in line with the above mentioned vendors)
- Familiarity & experience of being based remotely/on client sites in order complete the deliverables Trustwave has committed to.
- Strong & demonstrable analytical problem solving skills.
- A strong communicator both in client facing situations and in writing.
- A demonstrable track record in producing documentation including, but not limited to:High and Low Level Designs
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.