Landscape Crew Leader | West Chicago, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
West Chicago, IL 60185
Requisition Number: 43886
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: No Diploma
Work Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
POSITION: Landscape Crew Leader – Davey Residential
Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Davey Residential, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is pleased to offer a key opportunity as a Landscape Crew Leader
Summary: Direct crew members and equipment as planned and execute assigned work or tasks by performing the following duties.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities: Includes some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize from start to completion landscape operations within the most efficient possible manner and to the satisfaction of the client
- Develop and motivate crew members to achieve desired productivity and job performance
- Properly complete time reports and other required paperwork
- Train employees
- Assist crews with all aspects of job
- Drive, operate and maintain assigned equipment in an efficient, safe and economical manner (truck, chipper, crane, aerial lift, sprayer, hand saw, chain saw, sledge hammer, dump truck, shovel, rake, ropes, pulleys and related equipment)
- Apply pesticides, herbicides and other materials in accordance with label instructions. Must be Davey certified and if required, pass state license in pesticides
- Recognize and identify turf grass, trees, shrubs and bedding plants in the geographical area
- Control all aspects of job site
- Follow safe work procedures, including the use of safety equipment and clothing
- Communicate by reading relevant manuals and materials, speaking clearly, distinctively and listening to instructions
- Understand and perform first aid, CPR and aerial rescue procedures
- Conduct safety meetings
- Follow all safety rules and regulations
- Follow all company policies, procedures and work rules
- React appropriately in an emergency
- Perform all duties as required
- Report timely and accurately to supervisor
Education and Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Generous performance incentive plan. Davey offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year, and industry related training and special Davey training courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit