Climbing Arborist Trainee | Naperville, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60564
Climbing Arborist Trainee
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Climbing Arborist Trainee to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Learn to climb trees! (Yes, we will pay you to do that.)
- Operate as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Learn to perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients. Including but not limited to:Tree identification and industry pruning guidelines
Prune, thin and remove deadwood throughout the tree canopy
Learn how to install cables, bracing, and lightning protection systems
Assist in removal of hazardous trees
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, Landscaping, or working at heights
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Preferred: Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
*What We Offer:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
- all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law.
Visit to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
If you need any assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at .
The Davey Tree Legacy
Since 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times.
If you need assistance with your application, please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at .
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security/e-verify are required. Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Davey, lawn care, mowing, gardening, gardener, lawn love, arborist, aeration, job, weed control, edging, fertilization, seeding, clean up, leaf removal, leaves, garden, lawns, landscaping, landscaper, landscape job, mower, edger, maintenance, yard care, tru-green, tru green, true, davey tree,