Senior Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced senior project manager to join our company. You will ultimately be responsible for the success or failure of our projects. Our project manager must be a multi-tasker with excellent organization and time management skills, a superb communicator, and be trustworthy. You are not expected to carry out all the work yourself, but you will be charged with ensuring that project teams working under you complete their objectives in a timely manner.You should excel at getting the best out of the people and projects. Additionally, you are comfortable in reviewing processes and working with stakeholders to identify and implement process improvement opportunities as you lead a project.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Effectively organize and provide project leadership from ideation through implementation
- Understand project requirements and solutions to manage scope and project effectively
- Collaborate with the project sponsor and business owners to create project charters to define scope, stakeholders, risks, milestones/deliverables, dependencies, and measures of success
- Identify and plan for interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Development of detailed project plans that allow for tracking of progress including resource allocation and availability to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and on-budget
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation to include project plan, spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps
- Set and communicate project related priorities and coordinate regular follow-ups to ensure timely delivery
- Define and execute communication strategy to ensure open and honest feedback loop exists; effectively communicate project status, risks, and wins to sponsors, project team, and other stakeholders
- Establish risk management strategies aligned to each project; monitor and manage risks to ensure successful delivery of objectives
- Provide leadership and motivation to the teams/projects you are managing
- Drive continuous improvement culture while leading the project; assist the team in identify process improvement opportunities, as well as collaborating with stakeholders to drive implementation of new opportunities
- Utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to identify and remove obstacles; recognize when an issue requires escalation to management for support; ensure the communication is effectively delivered
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Verify that the projects produce the required solutions, services, and other deliverables within the specified budgets and constraints to achieve the benefits outlined in the defined business cases
- Requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several projects simultaneously
- Proven working experience in project management ideally in a Manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Project Management is desired
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods, and techniques
- Ability to prioritize, coordinating changes, and adapt as necessary
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency with a PPM software tool such as MS Project, Daptiv, Planview, JIRA, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in appropriate field or equivalent work experience; Master Degree is a plus
- Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/cccfd36p6x9zq47w