Admissions Manager and Assistant Clinical Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Joliet, IL 60434
- Position Information
- Position Summary
The Admissions Manager/Assistant Clinical Coordinator for the Physician Assistant Studies Program is responsible for the management of a caseload of prospective students with the goal of moving them through the admissions process. This consists of lead generation, conversion of inquiries to applicants and ultimately to enrolling students. This also includes representing USF at college and education fairs, community colleges and recruitment events and building relationships with community contacts to increase awareness and open doors to additional lead opportunities. The Admissions Manager/Assistant Clinical Coordinator works closely with the Program Director in the development of recruitment strategies and workflow processes to reach enrollment goals.
The Admissions Manager/Assistant Clinical Coordinator supports the Clinical Coordinator in the management and ongoing development of clinical sites for the Physician Assistant Studies Program. This position works collaboratively with the Clinical Administrative Assistant(s). Duties include identifying clinical sites and evaluation in consultation with the Clinical Coordinator, coordinating and ensuring the quality of programs, and contributing to accreditation reports.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview, counsel and educate recruits/prospective students interested in the PA program
- Manage recruit and applicant caseloads in a timely manner to ensure increased conversion rates from inquiry to applicant and applicant to registration
- Prepare applicants for registration and when needed, register new students
- Act as a liaison between admitted students and academic advisors
- Work with other university offices to ensure a seamless transition for new students
- Assist in the development of marketing and recruitment plans
- Assist in the coordination of events and activities to aide in the achievement of enrollment goals
- Attendance at events, conferences, education fairs for recruitment purposes
- Development of new clinical sites
- Maintain databases and profiles on alumni, medical professionals and sites
- Maintain up-to-date information on all clinical students.
- Assist with End of Rotation meeting preparation, testing and remediation processes.
- Participate in weekly department meetings
- Maintain and update preceptor and site agreements
- Work with administrative assistants in obtaining student housing for out-of-town clinical rotations
- Support team objectives as well as individual goals as defined
- Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality improvement
- Collaborate with clinical coordinator/assistant program director and program director to identify clinical placement needs for students
- Attends clinical site orientations as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of management or client-facing sales experience
- Three years of higher education admissions/recruiting experience
- Accuracy, detail oriented, excellent listening and communication skills, sales techniques
- Collaborative work style
- Development and implementation of training initiatives
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Willing to work a flexible schedule (evenings and weekend) and travel
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Preferred Requirements
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a medical setting
- Hours/Shift/Work Schedule
Minimum of 40 hours per week Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Physical Requirements of Position
Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Job Title: Admissions Manager and Assistant Clinical Coordinator
Position Number: 004914-00
Department: Physician Assistant Studies – Albuquerque NM campus
Job Grade: 8
Posting Number: FP0456-16
Open Date: 11/04/2019
Close Date: 12/01/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes