Casualty Broker/Data Analytics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Aon is looking for a Casualty Broker/Data Analytics Professional
Aon is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 50,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise.
Aon has been named repeatedly as the world’s best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Risk and Analytics Professional in our Chicago office supporting the National Casualty practice, focusing on analytics, business development, and supporting the Alternative Risk Solutions team and the Loss Portfolio Transactions team.
Your impact as a Casualty Broker/Data Analytics Professional
- Establishes client facing skills including effective presentations and communications, acting as a trusted advisor designing, broking, and servicing complex accounts.
- Develops working knowledge of client needs and insurer underwriting practices & processes and marketplace dynamics
- Demonstrates skills as a team player with comfort in an unstructured environment
- Actively seeks out new and challenging projects
- Provides innovation and leads projects including support of sales efforts and the product development process for the Alternative Risk Solutions team and Loss Portfolio Transactions team. Focus areas include traditional casualty products, loss portfolio transfers, integrated risk, structured solutions, and parametric insurance.
- Leverages technology and analytics of structured and unstructured datasets to improve & develop tools for marketplace analytics and assisting client decision-making
- Develops new approaches including applying predictive analytics tools to automate existing processes and produce new insights; improve reporting and visualization of results for both internal and external audiences
- Suggests innovative ways to collect and compile data from existing resources to produce new products and services to help both clients and internal process.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3+ years of broking and/or data analytics experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foundational understanding of Python preferred, but not required (willingness to learn)
- Bachelors’ degree in one of the following (or related) fields: Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Finance or Insurance
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2465574
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: United States, IL, Chicago