Radiologic Technician - Radiology, Registry - 42327
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Performs a variety of radiographic procedures at a technical level, not requiring constant supervision. Responsible for clerical duties, transport of patients to and from the Radiology department and developing radiographic films as needed.
Consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
- Understands the principles and demonstrates competency in performance of a variety of radiographic examinations of patients of all ages and with various disabilities. The age of the patients includes pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Safely transfers patients onto and off of the examination table and positions patient optimally to obtain the requested radiographic examinations.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Selects and operates equipment as required.
- Provides radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Maintains adequate records as directed. Completes office duties as required. Completes weekly inventory of departmental supplies and schedules patients as needed.
- Assists with the Quality Assurance testing of the radiographic equipment.
- Performs RICIS related functions, competently statusing exams, scheduling, completing and archiving images. Able to provide print or CD copies of exams as requested.
- In absence of department manager, may be designated as acting manager.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of the department and follows Infection Control Guidelines.
- Able to process subpoena requests for radiology records.
- Answers the telephone in a reasonable amount of time in a courteous manner and refers calls to the
to meet the timely needs and concerns of patients and staff.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SRAlab.
- Reports to Manager, Radiology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of diagnostic radiology, routine equipment maintenance and medical terminology normally acquired through completion of a formal AMA approved school in Radiologic Technology.
- Must be licensed and registered with the State of Illinois.
- Must have at least one-year experience with radiographic and processing equipment.
- Some analytical ability needed to determine best method of providing requested radiographs based on individual cases.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress in order to promote good customer relations and to maintain proper relationships with all internal and external individuals.
- Ability to transfer and position patients, consistent with lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Generally good working conditions with occasional exposure to radiation, but little chance of injury when safety precautions are followed.
- Normal patient care environment with little discomfort due to temperature, noise and dust. Occasional exposure to infectious disease when working with patients.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.