Associate Director, OMSS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Associate Director, OMSS
Job ID 3806
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Provides overall supervision and direction to The Centers (Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Cultural Center, Black Cultural Center, The Latinx Cultural Center and The LGBTQA Resource Center) and serves as the undocumented student resource at the university. The Associate Director is charged with the development of positive approaches to support undocumented students and is responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating programs and processes for the emerging needs of undocumented students. The position is within an identity-based center model that acknowledges and affirms the importance of intersectional and holistic student development.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supports the mission by providing administrative and strategic vision and leadership to the Centers and undocumented students resulting in an inclusive environment to support student success.
- Develops and maintains institutional and non-institutional student referral sources for undocumented students and initiates referrals for appropriate student services.
- Serves as a collaborative partner with departments and units across the university to better serve undocumented and marginalized students.
- Oversees Multicultural Student Success office operations including front desk management, undergraduate student training across all OMSS areas, and other project management.
- Oversees the assessment and reporting of effectiveness of programs, services and student academic progress and persistence, and campus climate.
- Serves on university, divisional, and departmental committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in community development, program management and advising with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of race/ethnicity/class college access issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues significant to diverse communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of immigration issues and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement educational and informational programs in a diverse cultural environment and to work collaboratively with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
- Prior supervisory experience (full-time staff, graduate assistants/interns, undergraduate students).
- Direct supervision of four full-time professional staff and up to two graduate assistants.
- Indirect supervision of graduate assistants and undergraduate student staff.
- Provide oversight and accountability for assigned budget resources.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Must possess excellent individual, group, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Must possess deep sense of integrity and respect for confidential and sensitive data.
- Must possess effective counseling and intervention skills.
- Professional record of advocating for marginalized student populations, especially in a university setting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University’s mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Full Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Part-Time Benefits – https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/benefits/part-time/Pages/default.aspx
Required Background Check:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wgmbrvb8wrmw6xkh