Supply Chain Operations Specialist, Evanston Hospi
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Supply Chain Operations Specialist, Evanston Hospital (69414)
NorthShore University HealthSystem(NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistentlyranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered inEvanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of fourhospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includesa 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations acrossChicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs morethan 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of anorganization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximizetheir professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Operations Specialist forour Supply Chain Department located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston,IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hourswill be scheduled on the day shift, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday. Must be available to work holidays and weekends, as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Assume responsibility and accountability for ordering, maintaining, receiving, and distributing supplies and materials to various NorthShore locations
- Process all electronically handled purchase orders in the supply management program
- Stock patient care products according to established protocols
- Facilitate orders, receipts, processing and distribution of all inventory specialty and non-stock (stockless) items to the assigned departments
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of material management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Lawson System and associated handheld preferred
- A valid Illinois Class “D” driver’s license. Must have held a valid driver’s license for three (3) years prior to the date of application
- Must have a good driving record subject to State driver motor vehicle verification to comply with Hospital insurance requirements. Within three (3) years of date of application or promotion
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on itsmission “to preserve and improve human life” through superiorclinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodationto individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for moreinformation.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.