Unit Concierge, Resource Team, Rotating, Evanston
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Unit Concierge, Resource Team, Rotating, Evanston Hospital (69877)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Unit Concierge for our Resource Team located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a per diem position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled per department work requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate non-clinical duties of the nursing unit
- Enter patient charges in computer
- Coordinate patient flow of admissions and discharges
- Order supplies
- Customer service to patients, families, nurses, physicians and other support departments
- Answer phones and relay messages as appropriate
- Proactively identifies need for service recovery and follow up of resolution
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum two years of work experience required or one year of college and one year of work experience required
- Proficiency with word processing and computer skills required
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.