Sr. IT Compliance Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
Position Summary:The Sr. IT Compliance Analyst provides a secure and protected environment for the Bank’s data and systems by evaluating IT controls, performing application assessments, identifying areas of non-compliance, and developing improvements to operational deficiencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes the internal IT compliance testing program. This includes: internal IT controls and compliance reviews; and remediation testing of issues identified during regulatory inspections or internal assessments.
- Advises IT stakeholders on the effectiveness of corrective action plans in the event of non-compliance or detected vulnerabilities in their environment.
- Ensures controls and risks are documented and updated as needed.
- Proactively identifies technology risks and provides recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Independently evaluates and analyzes operational risk issues, offers recommendations for improvement, and communicates results to management and other key stakeholders.
- Assists in the administration of IT policies, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensures proper log monitoring, reporting and escalation of non-compliant activity.
- Performs coordination and tracking of open audit and policy exceptions.
- Contributes to various project requests from Internal/External Audit and Enterprise Risk Management to increase operational efficiency, strengthen IT environment, and help meet the Bank’s internal and external regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Assists in developing and administering ongoing IT compliance monitoring and governance activities.
- Performs ad-hoc IT compliance requests or additional duties as assigned.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with stakeholders, including in application owners, business partners, and management in support of IT Risk and Compliance processes.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- 4 year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- 4-8 years of IT security, IT audit and compliance, or IT risk management experience.
- 8-10 years of experience necessary without a degree.
- Security certification is highly preferred (CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, etc.)
- MS Office product (notably Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access) knowledge.
- Compliance Monitoring tool exposure (Varonis, Splunk, McAfee Database Activity Monitoring, Tripwire) preferred
- Tableau business intelligence and analytic reporting tool.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors Required:
- Must have good communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
- Advanced knowledge of IT security controls.
- Advanced knowledge of evaluating internal controls and developing recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles (planning, organizing, and managing assessment process).
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- A high level of integrity and dependability are necessary to perform this role.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (FHLBC) is committed to diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organization, from the employees we hire to the programs, institutions, and businesses we support. The FHLBC is dedicated to providing equal employment and contracting opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.