Roll Tender - 7PM - 7AM
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Roll Tender – 7PM – 7AM
Elk Grove Village, IL •
ID: 45293 •
- Load rolls of paper onto automatic splicing unit of web offset printing press.
- Inspect rolls of paper for blemishes or tears and cuts away damaged area with knife.
- Roll paper into loading position on automatic splicer, insert shaft of automatic splicer through roll core, secure holding chucks of automatic splicer to shaft ends, and thread paper through press components to prepare press for printing.
- Apply adhesive strip to backup roll and insert backup roll onto automatic splicing unit of press to prepare paper for automatic splicing.
- Remove roll of leftover paper from press after automatic splicing.
- May operate mechanical truck to transport rolls of paper to press area.
- May assist with some of the make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates, examining plates, prepping and installing blankets, adjusting tension etc.
- May clean press and clean and install press components to maintain press in working order.
- Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Requires 6 months up to 1 year of web press-printing experience.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Ability to make adjustments to auto splicer.
- Knowledge to load paper and prepare slice for continuous operation of the press.
- Knowledge of materials and requirements for press.
- Continuous standing/walking – 8 hrs or more.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, climbing, reaching.
- Occasional lifting and pushing/pulling – 50 lbs.
- Occasional repetitive motion with both hands.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.