Leak Repair Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Joliet, IL 60436
Leak Repair Technician
The Leak Repair Technician is responsible for detecting, locating, evaluating and repairing leaks onsite at client work sites.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM’s Core Values.
- Assesses leaking component(s) and reports on findings to supervisory personnel and engineering.
- Performs leak repair operations that may include any of the following techniques and tasks:
o Drill and tap
o Wire and band
o Clamp and enclosure installation
o Measuring components
o Stand-by operations
o Inspections of components
o Evaluation of performance on repair activities
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety equipment.
- Performs appropriate documentation and administrative procedures as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with field personnel, client representatives and management.
- Maintains awareness of company products and services available to customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or related education preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an industrial operations or maintenance role preferred.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work assignments by specific deadlines.
- Knowledge of plant maintenance and repair work preferred.
- Ability to follow precise directions and procedures of the supervisor on the project.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Current HAZWOPER training certificate preferred.
- Travel requirement 0% – 25%
- Position is based out of a branch or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a basic principle at Team. Employment at our Company is based upon merit, ability and qualifications. No qualified applicant or employee is to be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law.