Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oakbrook, IL 60523
Client Position Title: Sr Data Scientist
Position Number: 329090
Location: Oak Brook, IL 60523
Required Skill Set:
Data Scientist, Python, Statistics, UNIX
Position Description:C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: Sr Data Scientist
Location: Oak Brook, IL 60523
Start Date: 11/27/2019
Duration: 12 Months
• Bachelor’s degree in a Quantitative discipline.
• Ex: Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Operations Research, Physics, Statistics, or related field
• Between 5-8 years of relevant experience developing hypotheses, applying machine learning algorithms, validating results to analyze multi-terabyte datasets and extracting actionable insights is required.
• Previous research or professional experience applying advanced analytic techniques to large, complex datasets.
• Analytical Abilities:
• Strong knowledge in at least two of the following areas: machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modeling, data mining, information retrieval, or data visualization.
• Proven experience in developing and deploying predictive analytics projects using one or more leading languages (Python, R, Scala, etc.).
• Experience working within an open source environment and Unix-based OS.
• Ability to translate data analysis and findings into coherent conclusions and actionable recommendations to business partners, practice leaders, and executives. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Masters, or PhD in a Quantitative discipline.
• Ex: Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Ops Research, Physics, Statistics, or related fiel
• Prior exposure to data structures pertaining to smart-meters, billing, or outage management systems
• Prior exposure to the utilities or broader energy sector.
• Prior exposure to the full spectrum of data science lifecycle, including data acquisition, maintenance, processing, analysis, and communication.
• Solid understanding of relevant theories in machine learning, statistics, probability theory, data structures and algorithms, optimization, etc.
• Expert level coding skills (Python, R, Scala, SQL, etc), and experience developing in a Unix environment.
• Proficiency in database management and large datasets: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from columnar and big data platforms.
• Communication Skills:
• Ability to translate executive and analytics leaders’ vision and guidance into methods and analytics. Strong time management and presentation skills.
Purpose of the position:
• Apply the scientific method to extract knowledge and insights from data, which may take the form of time-series (smart-meters, smart-grid, and other IoT), structured (relational data stores), and unstructured (text and multi-media) data sets.
• Closely collaborate with various internal stakeholders, information architects, data engineers, project/program managers, and other teams to turn data into critical information to inform decision making.
• This requires understanding business needs, providing and receiving regular feedback, and planning the proper transfer of developed solutions.
• Mine big and small data for insights, using advanced statistic and machine learning methods.
• Validate findings with the business by sharing analysis outputs in a way that can be understood by business stakeholders.
• Become a subject matter expert in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, feature engineering, data mining, and data manipulation/storage.
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and professional development in technical subject matter.
• Share knowledge with team members, and business stakeholders, and IT partners.
• Collect, cleanse, standardize and analyze data from a variety of internal and external sources.
• Produce novel insights to help inform business actions using statistical modeling and machine learning techniques on complex datasets on the order of several terabytes or petabytes
• Develop key predictive models that lead to delivering a premier customer experience, operating performance improvement, and increased safety best practices. Develop and recommend data sampling techniques, data collections, and data cleaning specifications and approaches. Apply missing data treatments as needed.
• Analyze data using advanced analytics techniques in support of process improvement efforts using modern analytics frameworks, including – but not limited to – Python, R, Scala, or equivalent; Spark, Hadoop file system and others
• Access and analyze data sourced from various Company systems of record.
• Support the development of strategic business, marketing, and program implementation plans.
• Access and enrich data warehouses across multiple Company departments.
• Build, modify, monitor and maintain high-performance computing systems.
• Provide expert data and analytics support to multiple business units
• Works with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business needs, goals and objectives. Work closely with business, engineering, and technology teams to develop solution to data-intensive business problems and translates them into data science projects. Collaborate with other analytic teams across client on big data analytics techniques and tools to improve analytical capabilities.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)