Material Handler I - 2nd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
Summary of Position
Working under direct supervision and electronic reports, to perform duties to distribute parts to inventory and work cells.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Load/Unload trucks and document transaction in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform cycle counts in accordance with established procedures.
- Pull orders/components and deliver to appropriate areas.
- Empty chip and scrap buckets into correct receptacle.
- Perform forklift audit and preventative maintenance.
- Move material to appropriate areas throughout the plant and document in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist welder/operators with lifting and moving materials.
- Support area with damage free skids and pans.
- Investigate and resolve identified problems with orders.
- Use appropriate software system to verify status of inventory.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area complying with all 5S initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Follow and comply with all safety and personal protective equipment requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.?
- Must be able to pass Fork Lift Certification process
- Possess basic computer operating and data entry skills with knowledge of shipping software.
- Ability to use pallet jack and overhead crane preferred.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO