Plant Environment, Health and Safety Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belvidere, IL 61008
The Plant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager position is responsible for leading a team of environment, health and safety specialists whose primary duties are ensuring the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment and property. In addition, the lead position serves as the key advisor to plant management on the implementation and management of health, safety and environmental initiatives designed to promote and achieve World Class Manufacturing status. The EHS Plant Manager will report to the Division Lead in the Corporate EH&S Staff.
The job responsibilities include, and are not limited to the following:
- Direct and implement environment, health and safety processes designed to improve key performance metrics
- Ensure compliance to federal, state, provincial and local regulations, and Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Lead the WCM Safety and Environment Pillars
- Direct and implement standardized EHS assessments and programs to address needed training
- Audit EHS processes and provide necessary follow up to ensure compliance
- Oversee root cause analysis of safety and environmental incidents/accidents and facilitate implementation of corrective action measures
- Oversee requirements for new equipment programs with Engineering/Facilities
- Lead implementation/integration of ergonomic processes
- Manage the timely submission of documentation, reports, permit applications, inventories and surveys to appropriate government and regulatory agencies
- Coordinate communication of EHS regulatory activity with plant and corporate leadership
- Direct the implementation and sustainment of ISO 14001 (EMS) and OHSAS 18001
- Support all shifts and work additional hours as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum of 10 years Safety, Environmental, Engineering or related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding and application of Federal, State, Provincial and Local Environmental and Safety regulations and requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication, excellent presentation skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and /or other software applications
- Environmental or safety professional certification (e.g. PE, P. Eng, CSP, CHMM)
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Automotive or manufacturing experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.