Patient Accounts Specialist-Glenbrook Hospital-Par
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glenview, IL 60025
Patient Accounts Specialist-Glenbrook Hospital-Part Time (70092)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Patient Accounts Specialist for our Patient Registration/Business Department located at Glenbrook Hospital in Glenview, IL. This is a part-time position (20 hours) and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on first shift, with a rotation to weekends.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an internal/external resource for all customer groups by providing access to healthcare services in accordance with established policies
- Identify payment sources for all services provided; assist in collecting payments, and triage patients or their representatives for financial counseling
- Maintain accurate electronic medical records and abide by all internal and governmental/regulatory compliance expectations
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- One year customer service experience in a healthcare or health insurance related field required
- Typing speed of 30 wpm required, one year computer experience required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and insurance industry terminology preferred
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.