Laborer (Fireplace Assembly) - Morris, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Morris, IL 60450
Job ID:? 154093
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division within?Oldcastle APG.? APG is North America?s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36?states and 5?Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Build outdoor living products using concrete blocks, and other materials in a manufacturing setting. ?
Job Duties?and Responsibilities
- Reads job specification to determine material requirements
- Performs various fabrication techniques; glue, cut, grind, and level
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy
- Performs minor machine maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Landscaping, Hardscaping, Carpentry, or similar construction experience is required
- Must be familiar with level, square, tape measure, and other various hand tools
- Familiar with operating block saw
- Ability to read blueprints and comprehend simple instructions and written correspondence
- High school diploma; or at least one-year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply and divide by 10?s and 100?s
- Ability to perform operations using units of American weight, measurement, volume and distance
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Lift concrete products, machine parts, and other objects weighing up to 50?pounds each, at heights from floor level to 4 feet high
- Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Northfield, a CRH company, ?is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.